Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Flick Picks 1/30/09

I can't even bring myself to think about seeing New in Town or The Uninvited, which open in RI theaters this week. But that's just me. I'll be rounding out my Oscar list by seeing Defiance and Revolutionary Road. The Dark Knight is at IMAX once again, and I will be too! Oscar nominees The Wrestler, Doubt, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon and The Reader are all still in theaters. There's also Inkheart, Last Chance Harvey, Hotel for Dogs, Notorious, Paul Blart:Mall Cop, Gran Torino, Bride Wars and Yes Man.

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Ha. That 'New in Town' looked terrible to me as it seemed like one of those bad movies studios dump out this time of year.

Hope you enjoy 'Defiance' and 'Road.'

Linda said...

2D~Thanks. One of my favorite reviewers gave New in Town an F. That doesn't even make my DVD list. ha!

Farzan said...

Cant go wrong with those choices. I kind of want to see The Uninvited becuase its been getting decent reviews and alot of people said it was pretty good.

p.s cool blog, keep up the good work

Linda said...

Farzan~Welcome! Down to 2 films to see on my Oscar project. The Uninvited will probably end up in my DVD que.