Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cadillac Records

I was heading to Brooklyn for the weekend, to visit my daughter and her boyfriend. We usually see a movie at some point in my visit. Because it's Oscar season I try to see nominees that are not available in RI. With no Oscar noms till Thursday, I was guessing. My daughter loves music and Beyonce, so the movie Cadillac Records came up on my radar. One of the songs had been nominated for a Golden Globe, so it was our choice. After $3 Bloody Marys, and a hearty bowl of onion soup, we headed to Cinema Village. Nice theater in Manhattan that I've never been to. The film is the history of Chess Records recording success with Muddy Waters, Etta James, Little Walter and Chuck Berry. An interesting story, well told. And damn, that Beyonce can sing!

No comments: